Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thursday July 1 2010
















Lots of nothing much has been happening around here.

A few things...........on June 22nd I turned 50 years old. 50! Wow.....I surely don't feel "that old". But I have never been 50 before so I don't know how it is supposed to feel.

My brother is being the @$$ he has always been, but more so. I don't know why I let the things he does -- or doesn't do -- bother me.

Dad is doing ok. His wound still isn't completely healed but it is getting there. We did get into a huge fight today over something that I have no control over. Dad never says he is sorry, he jumps to conclusions, tells me what he just knows I am going to say (and 99% of the time he is wrong). I love him. I don't mind taking care of him at all. But there are days -- like today -- that I feel like I just can't take it much longer. But I do and I will.

This picture is kind of blurry, it is of me and mom. We got matching rings when we found out she was going to die. They are silver bands that say forget me not.














3 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday. Glad things are going well. I know what you mean about your Dad. My dad said some pretty crazy things, but I still took care of him too. How nice to have a ring to remind you of your mom. Not that you'd ever forget her anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kath, what a lovely picture.

    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are only two days older than my husband! He doesn't feel, look, or act 50, and I'm sure you don't either. That is a beautiful picture of your and your mom's hands. Love it!

    ReplyDelete