Thursday, November 17, 2011

The holidays

Dad's house is on the market but so far no takers.

I knew the holidays would be hard this year but I was preparing to take one at a time. But you can't do that if when you walk into a store, any store, and Christmas stuff is out. I was trying to get past Thanksgiving.

I will be alone for the holidays. Someone did offer for me to join her family but I just don't know. Thanksgiving would be at her daughter's house out of town and I think it would be too uncomfortable for me. Christmas, well I would still feel strange. If it was just B and her husband would be one thing but being that her children and grandchildren would be there I just don't feel comfortable.

I do have tons of stuff here at home that could keep me busy -- if I would just get off my rear end and do things. LOL

I'll be ok. Not sure what I will be doing for sure, but I'll get through it somehow.

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. What ever you do decide to do I hope your holidays are happy ones. Think about what you do enjoy doing and do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Sorry I've been away from reading blogs. Sometimes it's so hard to keep up. If you add the new email subscription link to your sidebar that blogger now offers, then everytime you write an entry, it will go directly to my inbox. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete